What is Ramp Access Made Possible by Students?
- A non-profit organization run by students
- Students assemble wheelchair ramps for elderly and disabled persons who have qualified for financial assistance
- RAMPS provides matching funds to student groups
- Over 315 ramps benefitting 340 individuals built to date
- Recycled $28,000 worth of ramp materials within the past year
What are the Students' Roles?
- Students initiate, plan and execute their own fundraising events in order to purchase the materials needed to build the RAMPS
- Students donate their time on a weekend or day off from school to assemble the wheelchair ramps at the home of the recipient
Why Modular Ramps?
- Can be assembled and installed faster than traditional-style wooden ramps
- Are more versatile and provide flexibility to an individual's circumstances
- Are environmentally friendly-when the ramp is no longer needed, it is "removed and recycled" to another deserving family
Is it true that Seattle Quarterback Russell Wilson was a member of R.A.M.P.S.?
- Yes, he participated in fundraising and was also a RAMPS builder! Check out the picture below.