WOW! What a Great Year.
2023 was an amazing year for RAMPSRVA.
Here are the highlights.
- In January, a new Director of Operations was brought on board. Barry McDonald is a retired Scouting Executive with 30+ years of nonprofit experience and a passion for helping others and serving his community.
- Thirteen high schools participated in helping build ramps, refurbish materials and raise funds to support ramp recipients.
- At the beginning of the 2023/24 school year, Emma Xu became the Student Director and Club Liaison, replacing Carson Wang. Carson left for college. Emma is a junior at Deep Run High School. Though she had big shoes to fill, she accepted the challenge and RampsRVA has not skipped a beat.
- RampsRVA engaged with several company employee volunteer groups and civic clubs to helped build ramps and provide funding.
- 39 wheelchair users received the gift of mobility allowing them to leave their home for doctors appointments, therapy appointments family activities and social activities.
- RampsRVA's 600th ramp was built.
The board and staff are excited for the awesome possibilities in 2024!
RampRVA makes the cover of regional magazine
In October RampsRVA was the featured story in the North of the James magazine.
On the cover is one of our amazing ramp recipients and students from the Deep Run HS ramps club.
RAMPSRVA Partners Continue To Give The Gift of Freedom
As of November 1, 2023 RampsRVA volunteers have built 34 ramps this year. We have built ramps for people living with paralysis, spinal cord injuries, cancer, and various other medical issues preventing our recipients from walking.
On May 20th we built our 600th ramp!
We send a big shout out to the following volunteer groups for a build well done:
School clubs: Collegiate, Deep Run, Glen Allen, Godwin, Maggie Walker, L.C. Bird, Midlothian, Monacan, and St. Catherine’s
Corporate Partners: Altria, Burns & McDonnell, C&F Bank, CarMax, and Kinsale Insurance
Civic Partners: Midlothian Rotary, North Henrico Rotary and South Richmond Rotary